DISPOSAL STATION #7 - CERRO VILLA
The site is located 1/4 mile east of Cannon Street between E. Serrano Avenue and East Goldenrod Lane in the City of Orange.
Dates of Operation and Closure
The County operated the refuse disposal station from 1946 to1957.
Size and Types of Waste
The 26.7-acre open trench site received construction debris prior to 1950, after which it received only tree trunks and stumps for burning.
1946 County acquired site.
1945-1957 County operated site as a refuse disposal station.
1957 County ceased operations and closed station.
1959 County Right of Way Department took over management of site.
1972 City of Orange leased site for potential park and recreation purposes.
1982 County sold site to City.
1992 A water Solid Waste Assessment Test (SWAT) conducted and report submitted to the Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB). Groundwater monitoring wells not installed because groundwater is estimated 350 feet below ground surface and unaffected by the former refuse disposal station.
2000 Site included in Closed Landfill Environmental Assessment and Response (CLEAR) project. No fieldwork was required as part of initial site assessment. Site assessment report was completed and submitted to the Local Enforcement Agency.
2001 Site included as part of a Brownfields grant awarded to City for investigation of two potential park sites.
2002 City retained consultant to conduct environmental site assessment for proposed park development.
2003 City consultant completed environmental assessment of site.
2004-2012 No activity at site. LEA annual site reports recorded no violations or areas of concern.
City of Orange
Current Land Use
Environmental Control Measures
No control measures are currently in place at site.
Making Orange County a safe, healthy, and fulfilling place to live, work, and play, today and for generations to come, by providing outstanding, cost-effective regional public services.
You Are Now Leaving the County of Orange Official Portal